Northern Alberta is one of the best places in the world to grow hemp for fibre.
- Long daylight hour (18+ hours) produces 30 – 50% higher yields than more southern regions
- Experienced broad acre farmers
- Over 23 million cultivated acres in Alberta
Northern Alberta can commercially produce large quantities of hemp fibre more economically than current global industry leaders.
- Similar process to growing hay
- Flexible seeding time and early harvest
- No combining or drying
- New and viable crop to add to rotation, which helps combat clubroot
- Drought resistant